Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Hosting advice?

Hey there followers,

So I've been very busy this year and have unfortunately been rather neglectful of the old blog.

In my absence I have noticed that photobucket have decided to pull the old switcheroo and demand money to enable third party hosting. Basically this means that all my old posts are now inaccessible and I will need to figure out a new host, as they want to charge 400 dollars annually for what was previously a free service - yea, nah.

As such I am reaching out to the community for any advice they might have on free hosting services I might employ from here on out? I have a bunch of stuff I have been working on, but need to figure out a place I can now put it!

Any advice is appreciated :)

Taco

12 comments:

  1. You could always try www.imgur.com

    It is free and from what I've seen a fast server

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used imgur too with no problems for a while so it gets my vote.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Mr Bat, I store everything in Google photos and it is the easiest thing to use with blogger - and I suffer from techno-fear, so if I find it easy, anybody could.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second Google. Normally I'm rather touchy with my data but actually I don't think imgur or whatever else one uses would be any better in that regard.

      Delete
  4. I used Picasa Web Albums when I first started my wargaming blog - it's since been amalgamated with Google Photos, but I've never had any trouble with the service. Very straightforward.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your comments guys! I think I will try out the google photos option, simply because it links with the accounts I already have :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All mine are hosted on Wordpress, but I've heard good things about Imgur and will check them out - good luck tac ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please do hurry!! I miss all the amazing pics!!

    NB if its a matter of ducats I can kick in a few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, very much appreciated, but its more a matter of time these days then money :) I will deign to get stuff photographed, as there is quite a backup!

      Delete
  8. Will you upload again the photos of your older stuff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, ~ten years worth of content would take way too much time to fix for me at this point.

      Delete
    2. What a pity, I loved the way you painted all your 15mm ultramodern stuff :(

      Delete